Unemployment Emotion Stress Career Financial Opportunity

Monday, May 10, 2010

Philippine Election 2010 -- Too Bad For Me

Today, May 10, 2010, is one of the most remarkable day for Philippines.  This day is our National Election.  The wonderful part?  This is the first time that we would experience an automated election.  We would be using Smartmatic TIM PCOS machines. It is really amazing!  No more manual counting!  No more tallying of sheets using Manila papers.  Most of the teachers would no longer experience the overnight counting of the ballots.


Months before the election,  I was already very excited about this automated election.  They were already talking about it.   We need to shade the "bilog na hugis itlog" beside the candidate that we will be voting.  And after, we would insert this in the Smartmatic PCOS machines.  And we need to be really careful as to shade the entire "bilog"  and not to include the space outside the "bilog".  This would cause an invalid vote.  And you can vote only once! We were really excited at the same time scared.  Questions arise.  What if our votes will be invalid?  What if there are bugs there?  Is it safe?  Is it credible?

Well... We'll just have to have trust on the people behind this project.  We'll just have to trust God that everything will be Ok.

2 weeks before the most awaited moment -- the election,  I suddenly caught chicken pox!  Oh no!  Now there is no chance for me to vote!  I don't think I'm able to travel before the election since my chicken pox is still contagious .  I don't think I could experience the very first automated election in the Philippines!  I don't think I could experience the very first time in using the PCOS machine!  Nor shade the "bilog na hugis itlog"!
Why??? Why now???

All I could do now is just sigh...  For the whole day, I just spent my day watching the news.   For the whole day, I just watched the people who are able to vote.

Well, the only thing to do today is just to Hope and Pray that there will be a peaceful and successful election.  Hope and Pray that Philippines will really move forward to become a better Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More of My Page