Unemployment Emotion Stress Career Financial Opportunity

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Unseen Blessings-A Reflection

As I am waiting for my boarding time, I cannot wait to tell you about my experience on how I was blessed.
There were so many of them that I don't know how to start this.


My Fist Blessing


This is the first Christmas that I did not do some Christmas shopping.  I don't have enough budget to buy gifts for my family.  But I wished and was hoping that I would have something to give even just to my small pamangkins.  They might be expecting something from their tita.  But I could not afford it.


On the morning of my departure, one of my friends texted me asking when would we meet again. Then I told her that we would be celebrating our Christmas party by January when I return to Manila.
She told me that we need to meet because she had to give me her gifts to my pamangkins! Wow! She have gifts for my pamangkins! They  would really be very happy.  Although it's not from me, that would not matter to them. So, I hurriedly went to our meeting place (at Jollibee).


Finally we met, and she gave a bag of gifts. I was very much grateful to her. She even treated me for a free meriyenda at Jolibee.  Wow! Double blessing! We chatted and exchanged a few laughs.  I had a most heartwarming meryenda with her.


"God is truly a great God. He is full of surprises."


My Second Blessing


It was a bit late when I went back to our house to finish up packing.  Finally, I was finished at around 2pm.  My flight was 4:35pm.  So I need to be there by 3pm.  I went out to get a cab, but it was difficult to get one.  I prayed to God for the right cab.   I just relaxed myself - in full trust to God that He will give me one. I was thankful that my prayer was answered at once. And He gave me a really kind driver.






There was light traffic, so I arrived early at the airport. The line was not too long, but the service was slow, due to the overbaggage of the other passengers. So, when it was my turn, I was a bit exhausted and nearing to getting irritated.  Finally, it was already my turn. I'm glad that the transaction for my boarding pass was not that complicated since I had only 1 check-in baggage and it was really light.  I finished quick and I went to the final checking of the baggage.  Suddenly the lady checking our things asked me to remove the umbrella inside my bag.  So, I removed it, and she snatched it from me.  She told me that umbrellas are not allowed and that it was already confiscated! She dropped my umbrella inside a container below the table.  I was really shocked and angry at the same time at that very instance. I asked her if I could get my umbrella, and that I would be checking it in.  She agreed, so, I took it from the container and went back to the check-in counter.  I told the teller that I did not know that umbrellas are not allowed to be hand carried.  He confirmed and told me that it was prohibited to hand carry any umbrella.  So, I told him to check-in this.  He told me that I need to place it inside a bag.  I said, "what????!!!?? I don't have any extra bag!"  He asked me to use my other bag that I was carrying with me.  I said that I don't want to check in that bag.  Fortunately, I recalled that I still have the bag of gifts.  So, finally, I agreed to check-in my other bag. But I was able to remove the stuff first inside this bag and transfer it to the bags with the gifts inside.  The bag of gifts was a double blessing to me.






My Third Blessing


As I was finally finished and was starting to leave the counter, I noticed an ID and a paper on the counter table.  When I looked at it, it was my ID and my printed ticket!  I did not know that I forgot to take back my ID after my initial check in! That means that if my umbrella was not confiscated, I would have lost my ID plus my printed ticket! Wow! That means that God used that incident for me to go back to the counter.


"Our trials are God's way to lead us to the right path."


My Reflection


Whatever happens to us, whether trials or blessing, let's not miss the point.  In doing so we won't miss the blessing after the trial.  I thank God that His message to me is still clear.  Although I still have the compulsion of complaining. But after that, I still get His message.  God's love for me still reigns in me.
I know these things that I told you are just petty things.  But it gave me clear messages of God in action in me.  That even on small things, God never left me. God was, is, and will always be with me.






My Prayer


Dear Lord,  I praise You Oh Lord for all the wonderful things that you are doing in my life.
Thank you, for giving me a clearer vision amidst the clouds of trials that I am going through right now.  Thank you Lord for clarity and peace in my heart and my soul.  You truly are worthy of all praises. You truly are my Lord.  Though unworthy of your Love, you still Love me anyway. And I thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More of My Page