Unemployment Emotion Stress Career Financial Opportunity

Friday, December 10, 2010

Why A Business Fails - MOP

So why does a business fails? "My Own Opinion"


One day, a woman named Nene decided to place an ice cream stand in one of the malls located near her home.  She thought it was a great business. She saw lots of kids going inside the mall.  And the location was a great spot. There were no other ice cream stand yet. So for a few months, she had a good sales. She borrowed some more money and bought 2 more ice cream stands. She placed them on other strategic locations - in a school and outside a playground. Nene was really happy for a while. 


Six months later, someone placed an ice scramble stand near Nene's ice cream stand. Several months after, there were already 2 ice scramble stand, and another ice scream stand. Nene could no longer meet her sales.  She could hardly pay her rent and salary for her crew.  She could not even pay the supplier of her ice cream.  A few months after, she decided to close her 3 ice cream stand.  She has now a big debt.


If we want to be successful in a business, we need mentors or people who are also successful in that area. But for some small scale businesses, specially for starters, people tend to do the same concept as the concept of the successful business.  And worst is, they would do this business within the location of the original concept.  This would divide the earning of the original concept with the second same concept.   


Learn From Success and Failures


People just don't get it.  I'm actually confused as to why they tend to do this.  This kind of setup would 
eventually lead not just to loss of sales but to chaos.  Despite the result, they still do it anyway. Why?  What 
is the psychology behind this? What's the logic behind this behavior?  Is there any way we can avoid this kind of scenario?  


One of the best reason I can think of


Most of us don't see or appreciate our very own uniqueness.  If we see other people succeed, we would copy them. We are in constant lookout on what is the trend and not on what we are capable of doing.  We would try to imitate. Then when things does not go the way we wanted it to happen, we tend to get depressed.  We tend to tell ourselves that we are no good. 


We are created differently from each other.  That is the beauty of an individual. But we don't see it.  We are 
blinded by the fact that others are successful and we are not.  We don't pause and reflect.  What is my purpose?  


What should I be doing?  Instead, we are busy thinking on why we fail. We tell ourselves that we already did what the successful person did, but yet we still failed.  We ask ourselves the question, "What's wrong with me?  Why am I not good enough? Am I really that dumb?"


People would label you as "Slow" or "dumb" if you don't get what they teach you.  Or they would label you as 
"tamad" or "lazy" if you don't do anything. I myself have experienced being "tamad" and "slow" in my work.  I 
usually get really sleepy when I am doing things  I don't want to do or am not interested in.  Some "lazy" people 
fail to explore what they really are built to do.  The reason is, we are focused on the things that others do 
great.  We don't see what we are capable of doing the best. And because of this, we miss our true joy.


Another blinding factor is our financial status.  And guess what? I am in this situation right now.  It has been 
10 months that I am out of job. This is causing me great panic.  My finances is depleting as time goes by, and I still don't see any glimmer of hope as to when would this episode of my life end. I told myself - I need a job! 
I started applying for a job, for this month, And I was able to apply to 3 companies. All 3 job offers rejected me within 1 month.  I felt like a total loser.  


The next question would be, how then would you know what's in store for you?  How would you find your core gift?  Your life's purpose? My answer is this. If you have not discovered it yet, discover it.  Look for opportunities. Or you can say yes to every opportunity that comes.  Try it out.  If it doesn't work for you, try another.  And another. Don't stop searching.  Don't stop trying. Until you find your heart's desire. And if you have found it, stop doing the insignificant things, and stay focused on this one thing. Develop this, and you will see great things happen in your life.  This is so, because you are doing your life's purpose. 


Here are some things to ponder. I forgot from whom I got these quotes :
--------------------------------------------------------
There's still hope for me today  
Rejection or failure is redirection.
Don't miss what your life should be all about.
Still searching for your right path? Enjoy every moment :)
---------------------------------------------------------


Here's another question.  Are you the person who have not found your core gift yet?  Your very purpose or mission yet? If so, then I have some recommendations for you. 


For more information on this, you can email me @ 
yzero8_norm@yahoo.com.


Have a meaningful and joyful life!


You can also read
People Changes When Tipped
The Seminar That Changed My Life

1 comment:

Read More of My Page