Unemployment Emotion Stress Career Financial Opportunity

Friday, December 10, 2010

People Changes When Tipped

"I don't need money." My friend blurted that out to me one day as we were out eating our diner.  She was telling me that she wanted to try out new things.  So, I suggested to her if she would want to earn extra income.  I told her she can start her own business. 


My Past


I recalled that those were somewhat the same words that I was uttering during my employment period.  I had a very "stable" job at that time.  And my salary was more than enough for me. I was able to travel to different places. I was able to take my vacation. Sometimes I would treat my friends. I also have some savings, but it was not really increasing that much. I have some investments too. I also practiced living (as much as possible) a simple life. Living below my means. I would say, I had a really comfortable life. When I saw people having difficulty in their finances, I would always have that idea that they just don't know how to manage their finances.  Or maybe they were not blessed because they did are not good people. Or I would say, they don't have enough faith. 


Having my own business didn't came across my mind during my employment years.  I didn't know what kind of business was for me during that time.  And I was thinking that business was not for me.  I just would like to sulk in my computer chair in front of my computer the whole day.  As long as I am comfortable and safe in my office.  Not minding of other people's business.  Not minding at all wether people needs my help or not. I was very indifferent at that time.  "As long as I am doing my job, and am not inflicting pain on other people." That was my motto before.  I don't have the heart of helping others. I was just minding my own business.  Maybe the reason for this was that I could not empathize on other people's in needs. As long as I was doing my job, I believed that I was safe at least financially. Anyway, I don't know how to help the people that are financially drained.  I don't want to give them my financial help because I did not want them to depend on me. 


That was how I lived my life and that was how I saw life, until my big fall came.  


My Change of Perspective


I received a retrenchment notice the very first day of the year (January) that I reported in the office.  It was a shocking news. But I was able to accept this sad news really quick.  That was the day that I realized that my job was really a temporary one.  And that this job would have an end.  That "stability" is not real in terms of "job". 
It taught me that there is a need for us to build the right financial foundation while we still can.  Since I was out of job, we tried out doing business. We received our separation pay, so my friends and I were able put up a new business venture. But we are very new in doing business. We were not able to do it right in the first time.  It is really difficult to start a business with a very limitted resources.  I also had to weigh this business if this was in line with my core gift.


Doing the very first business was really tough one.  We were immersed in the world of the small time vendors.  It is a very tedious and very physical work.  We became part of this society and environment.  I thought that this was an easy thing to do.  But I was wrong.  It is a very hard work and requires very straineous activities.  From ordering stocks, to lifting these stocks to the store.  From physical inventory to computation of actual sales.
I saw with my very own eyes, how small time vendors strive to survive with their daily needs.  With their not so big income.


My Wake Up Call


I think this was a way of God telling me to wake up.  To wake up and see the reality surrounding me. So many people in need, yet very few people care enough to help.  While I was having struggles, I could see people also having struggles.  And I saw many people too indifferent to help.  Too engrossed with their own lives.  Too engrossed with their own small problems. These people just don't stop to help.  They don't even look at the people in distress.  I would often times hear people say, "I work hard to be able to meet my family's needs.  Why don't these poor people work also?" Instead of saying, "How can I extend my help to them? How can I love these people?" Instead of thinking of a way to help the people in distress, they would rather spend their energy complaining at these people.


I believe that most of these poor people once strived to work in order to live and just gave up.  They gave up because they no longer did not know what to do.  They just gave up because people refuse to help them. 
A visous cycle.  Because people won't help them, that's why they give up.  People won't help them because they now refused help. If people will try to help them, they no longer want that kind of help.  Instead they would prefer to beg. Only a few people would take time to really help them.  To sit down with them.  To love them.


A Big Hope 


After all these financial difficulties, I was lead to different seminars.  These seminars nourished my knowledge about life and how to live it.  Seminars on how to be successful in all areas of my life.  I digested every word that I've heard. I found a passion on sharing these new knowledge to others. But I was not contented with this.
I was looking for more. 


And then finally, I was able to attend one particular seminar.  This seminar gave me another big hope in truly helping mankind - financially distressed or not.  Helping people to be out of financial problems.  Helping people to be equipped with the knowledge on how to build a stable financial foundation while they still have the means to produce income.  This seminar taught me the value of money.  What is the most stable financial foundation.  And how to achieve this stability.  I found out that there are still establishments that truly helps people who are in need.  That there are still very dedicated people out there who spends their time educating us on financial literacy. 


Here are some things to ponder about.
----------------------------------
Do we need to experience these things for us to help people?
Do we need to experience these things for us to change?
Do we need to experience these things for us to empathize on the people in need?


Why can't we learn from people that have experienced these things?
Whe do we need to have a tipping point in order for us to have a change of heart?
-----------------------------------


Don't wait for things to happen to you.  Make a decision to make things happen- improve your financial literacy.


If you are interested on learning on what should be the basic and stable financial foundation, and how to achieve this, there are free seminars conducted on this.


To know more of these free seminars, send me a message now. My email address is yzero8_norm@yahoo.com.


Share this story to your friends if you think your friends can benefit on this.


You can also read this.
Why Business Fails
The Seminar That Changed Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More of My Page