Unemployment Emotion Stress Career Financial Opportunity

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My 1st Pinoy Pao Opening Experience at Guadalupe Commercial Complex

My Inconvenient Walk

Last Tuesday was my very first time to open our Pinoy Pao store at Mart One, Guadalupe Commercial Complex by myself.  The day before that, I prepared myself by creating a checklist on what to do during Opening of our Pinoy Pao. Here is the checklist that I prepared


I conditioned my mind to be calm and not to get clumsy and finish everything that is in my checklist in just a few minutes.

Deep breaths..... 

Tuesday morning came, I placed the gulaman and the sauce inside the paper bag. 
I haled an Ibabaw Jeepney.  As I was sitting inside the jeepney, I realized that the paper bag was dripping.  It was the gulaman! The container probably was tilted.  Oh no!   There were gulaman liquid already on the floor of the jeepney.  When we reached MRT Guadalupe Station, I hurriedly got off the jeepney.  And started walking towards the Guadalupe Commercial Complex.  
There were gulaman drips as I walked on the street,  up the MRT Guadalupe Station, inside the elevator, and on the walkway.  
When I reached the entrance of the Guadalupe Commercial Complex, it was still closed! I should have taken the Ilalim Jeepney   since only the back door of the Guadalupe Mall is opened during that time. So, I walked and walked again.  With my non stop dripping gulaman.  Finally, I was able to go inside the Guadalupe Commercial Complex, and reach Pinoy Pao Mart One.  The paper bag with the gulaman inside was already dilapidated.  When I reached for the container, it spilled.  More gulaman liquid on the floor!  Woah!  I have to clean everything before I could start doing what was written in my Opening Checklist.  

Finally, I was finished cleaning, and started doing what was needed to be done.  

Steamer Problem

When everything was finished, I just waited for the siopao, ham and cheese and siomai to be cooked.  I waited, and waited, and waited.  Hmmm... the wait seemed endless!  Fortunately, one of my business


partners arrived.  We observed the steamer and waited a little while longer.  Then we figured, the steamer was broken!  Good thing, my partner thought of another great idea.  She told me to use our rice cooker with a steamer on it. We had that rice cooker since we used to offer siomai and rice value meal.  But it was stopped since no one wants to avail that value meal.  So there.  We took the rice cooker and place the siopao and siomai in the steamer of the rice cooker.  It took 5 minutes to cook! Wow! That was quick!  And it was a perfect timing since someone was already buying siopao and siomai!  Whew!  What a great relief!

  
Panalo ka rice cooker! hahahhaah!!

We just placed the cooked siopao and siomai in the steamer for display.  But when someone will be buying, we just heat it for less than 1 minute so that it will be freshly hot.

Advantages or benefits of using the rice cooker's steamer compared to the steamer only:
1. It has less wattage, therefore, less consumption of electricity
2. It cooks really fast (around 5 min.).  It does not wait for 45 minutes to cook even if the siopao were not yet thawed.
3. The crew will not be too bored waiting for customers to order.

Disadvantages of using the rice cooker's steamer compared to the steamer only
1. It costs more work for the crew

Trials are pathways that would lead us to greater blessings.  We could not see it at first.  We get irritated and complain about it.  But in the end, we realize that if we did not experience those things, we are not able receive a greater blessing.

You may also read:

Tips, Lessons Learned From Pinoy Pao


Are you looking for a business?   Or do you know how to manage or grow your existing funds?  You may read this for some tips on how:  Solid Financial Foundation

There are free seminars on how to manage your finance.  You may email yzero8_norm@yahoo.com for details.  

1 comment:

Read More of My Page